Painful boil on buttcheek

My friens saw a doc who tried to squeeze the boil like thing but no liquid or pus came out and it was very painful. doc prescribed antibiotics and cold compression but i think hot compressions are better and i didnt really find the doc good enough. please help me diagnose this painful swelled up bump

Doctor Answers (1) on Painful boil on buttcheek

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
6 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Dermatologist

INR 350 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Greetings. Yes, its looks like a boil - or a furuncle - which seems to have formed a small abcess; in initial stages ites almost always hard and there wouldnt have been any pus formed for it to let out. The advise of you doctor seems reasonable and yes you will need antibiotics for this. You'l have to wait for 2 or 3 days to know if its working, by when the swelling would either reduce in size or would become soft and drain out. follow up with your doctor/ or another qualified dermatologist (if u feel so). Warm regards
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging