Pain while sex

Me and my wife whenever try to have sex, she getts a severe pain during the intercourse. And also she get abdominal pain after, she was diagnosed with very low estrogen level,and had a prior history of PCOD, please help me out !!
views-icons 428 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain while sex

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry you are having so much difficulty.
Pain during sex can be because of a variety of reasons. Pain at the entrance and pain deep inside the pelvis on penetration has different causes. These can be relayed to infections, nerve related, vascular congestion, pelvic floor muscle spasms, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease.
So for so many causes the diagnostic procedures also differ. The best way forward is to seek help from a gynaecologist with expertise in endoscopy and sexual pain disorders. Pain is complex It has long reaching effects both physical and psychological so it is important to handle it carefully. Your wife will appreciate your patience and kindness.
best wishes