Pain scars irritation acn

Hi, I am suffering from acne since 10 years. Attached are the images. Please look into them and provide me a solution. I was told acne is common and goes off with time. But looks like mine is different case. I am so depressed with this acne. I am not concerned of my looks though but I just want to be clean and healthy. Please provide me a solution and the reasons for my acne. My skin is bit dry. I drink sufficient water and good intake of fruits. Not sure what to do. I am afraid I might have to live with this acne. I do not use any cosmetics. Please help.
views-icons 63 Views 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Nishant Kanodia
Consultant Physician 16 yrs exp Delhi

Clindamycin with Nicotinamide in combination as an ointment works well & heals up most of the acne in 2-3weeks..
Dr. Harsha
Hi there....I can understand your concern. Unfortunately no image has been attached with this question. If you are getting painful acne, then it is usually nodulocystic acne(grade 3 or 4). Acne can be affected variation in body hormones. It can persist up to age of 40 years. But it can be controlled through various topical creams and oral medications. In case of severe usually isotretinoin is started. Before start it few blood tests and pregnancy status will have to be looked at. So kindly consult a dermatologist for further evaluation. Isotretinoin will have to be taken for a few months, but it will provide relief for long duration.