Pain in upper abdomen

I am having kinda severe pain in my upper abdominal area (below the ribs). It pains while I breathe and evening slightly when I walk. This is since last Friday evening. What could be the problem?

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in upper abdomen

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern but your question is a bit incomplete. You haven't mentioned which side pains. Does it pain on any particular side or both sides or in the middle. Do you smoke? It could be gastritis, pleurisy etc. More detailed history and examination can hint at what's wrong and that will be needed to be confirmed by certain tests. As of now, I would suggest you drink lots of water, take a capsule pan-l once a day half an hour before food. Avoid smoking, drinking. Avoid tea/coffee/ carbonated beverages. Consult a physician near you for further evaluation and management of your case. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Manju Lihala Bangalore | General Physician
You have not mentioned on the right or left side. Anyway it will be better to consult a doctor who can examine you and advise as to what could be the problem.