Pain in the scalp

I am 24 and i have lost lots of hair in the last 4 years. I have been feeling pain in the scalp whenever I go in the bike or while sitting in the window seat. Please suggest me some treatments.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Severe dandruff could indicate dandruff itself which is significant or can indicate beginning of some other skin condition like Seborrheic dermatitis or Scalp psoriasis. Based on your description of pain on the scalp it looks like a superficial bacterial infection usually caused by staphylococcus aureus. Sometimes they co-exist with fungal folliculitis and can be determined with more precision during a consultation. Kindly consult a dermatologist for exact diagnosis and treatment plan. It is also important to prevent their relapse once you have got it cured. A decolonization regimen suggested by your doctor will help.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations.