Pain in lower back, spine
My father has been complaining of severe pain in abdomen , back , spine and ribs for the past 4 months. He is now taking Morpine 10mg tablets but still there is not much relief. Please help

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times. Bhujang Asana -- Lie flat on your stomach, keeping the palms out, bend the neck backward, take a deep breath and while holding it for 6 seconds, raise the chest up. Release breath and relax your body. Repeat the exercise 15 times twice daily. Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day
Dr. Uday Bapusaheb Pote
Orthopedic Surgeon 6 yrs exp Pune
You see my friend if pain is so severe that he is on morphine then better take him to a orthopedic doctor. It may be anything from severe back spasm to multiple myeloma. So dont waste time asking or looking for online diagnosis and act immediately.