Pain in lower abdomen

I get pain and burning sensation in the lower abdomen after 8 days of my periods, it will stay for 5 days and the pain goes off. Again after next periods i get the same problem. This is happening to me since last 6 months. Kindly suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in lower abdomen

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Pain during periods is medically known as dysmenorrhea... Most of the time it's spasmodic or primary dysmenorrhea due to increased prostaglandins..it may be due to fibroids as well... If the pain is starting 4 to 5 days prior to the periods suggestive of secondary dysmenorrhea it may be due to pelvic inflammatory disease,endometriosis etc...over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or naproxen sodium , at regular doses starting the day before you expect your period to begin will help you. Prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as mefenamic acid, also are available...I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for clinical examination and for evaluation they will do the needful