Pain in left back head

I'm facing a throbbing headache from past 3 weeks, the pain is in a particular area at the left back of head above neck. I've this pain all time however the pain is not that severe but i can certainly feel it all time except when I'm sleeping. I was operated 11 years back for arnold chiari and syringomyelia and since then i haven't faced any problem. Cause of this pain I'm bit uncomfortable. I did consulted a doctor an was advised Neurobin forte- 2 times a day, Gemcal- 1 time a day, Uprise D3- 1 time a WEEK for one month however it's been a week I'm taking this medicine no relief yet. Please help me out what it could be. I would be booking and appointment for the neurosurgeon this Saturday. I'm afraid is this could be brain tumour?? Thanks Prompt response would be much appreciated.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in left back head

Dr. Chandan Mohanty Mumbai | Neurosurgeon
Hello. Sorry to hear this. It is unlikely to be due to a brain tumor. However your neurosurgeon may order repeat imaging of this area to make sure that it is nothing serious. In some cases the syringomyelia may recur or there might be instability of the upper cervical spine from the previous surgery which may cause your symptoms. Continue with the medications. See your neurosurgeon and follow his advise. Wishing you a speedy recovery.