cancer-icon

Pain in hip area

My father had prostate enlargement in 2008 which was operated and on biopsy it was diagnosed cancer by one lab but another lab diagnosed it normal bpe. We also ignored it. After 2 years in 2010 he felt severe back pain in lower part and reason was cancer.So we consulted an oncologist who advised for testicles removal to slow down cancer growth. So we followed his advice. Now he is having pain in hip area. What should be done in this stage? In what stage cancer is? Please advise.

Doctor Answers (3) on Pain in hip area

Dr. Shubham Jain Delhi | Surgical Oncologist
He seems to be a case metastatic prostate cancer. He would benefit from radiation therapy and hormonal therapy
Dr. Kaushal Yadav Gurgaon | Surgical Oncologist
As he is having carcinoma prostate. Stage is IV because of documented bony metastastasis. Prostate is slow growing cancer having good survival even in stage IV. Now he is progressing on one line of Hormone therapy which was removal of testes, so need to add second drug to it for complete androgen blockade. He will also require palliative Radiation to hip for relief of pain. Apart from that bisphosphonate will be started for strengthening of bones. But before all this I would like to see reports of final histopathology, bone scan, S. PSA and Ultrasound abdomen and Pelvis.
Dr. Sandeep Nayak Bangalore | Surgical Oncologist
Please consult a urologists or surgical oncologist. Your father needs a complete workup.