Pain in chest muscle

I have done a chest exercise in gym after a ga of 4 months. About 24hrs after the workout, I am feeling pain in chest muscle at the bottom of the neck and near the shoulder joint. The pain increases if i stretch these muscles. Please advise what could be the possible problem.

Hello there. The muscles have been worked a little too much. That's why this is happening. Since your muscles are not used to working like this. Here is what you can do, Give the chest and upper body rest from the gym. For 2-3 days workout your lower limbs. Take things slow, a sudden high amount of exercise will not cause muscles to pop out therefore take things slow. You could take a diclofenac tablet for pain relief upto 3 times a day after food. Regards

Hi, symptoms are due to spasm of the intercostal and neck muscles. Rest for 2 days, muscle relaxants for spasms. Consult Orthopedician...