Pain in back of the neck

There little pain in back of the neck and little bulge very very light bulge on one side... see pic where my finger is, some times it pains. I use mobile and computer lot and work in late night daily. Pain is very light and not always but if don't sleep well then more pain

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in back of the neck

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. I'm sorry the swelling isn't evident in the picture attached. Anyways, your symptoms are most likely due to your posture. If you hold one same posture for long hours, it can cause such issues. Take frequent breaks, go for a walk, do some neck physiotherapy by taking help of a physiotherapist or do some neck muscles strengthening exercises by seeing online. Regarding the swelling my colleague has already answered that part. Consult a orthopedician for further help if it doesn't improve. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Sir, Pain and swelling in the neck can be due to over use. If you have to look down for a long time, it might give rise to such swellings. Other reason behind it can be a collection of fats known as lipoma under the skin. If the swelling is not lipoma, it will go with hot water fomentation and rest. If however it is lipoma, it will stay like that and will not reduce even with hot fomentation.