Pain in around heel area
My mother is having pain in and around the heel area of her leg . she is not able to walk properly . is there any medication to cure the pain.

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

Since when is she having this pain ? Any Diabetes history ? Any Trauma ? Any spur ? Any corn etc ? These r the few questions that need to be answered, and appropriate treatment could be given accordingly
Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 9 yrs exp Kolkata

Hello. Pain in the heel area is most commonly due to plantar fascitis. Do an X-ray of Ankle joint (AP & Lateral views) to look for any bony Calcanean spur. Also check serum Vitamin D & Uric acid levels, as abnormality of these can cause pain at heel. Give her Tab PYRIGESIC 1gm twice daily after meals for 5 days, Ice application locally at affected heel region. Follow up with me with the reports. Hope this helps.