Pain in abdomen

On d first day of periods i gt a vry bad pain in my tummy evn in pelvic area also i felt dizzy and vomited little cough..also i ws sweating ...den my pain got settled durng d day den on 2nd day morning agn my pain started and got settled during d day it continues till 5th day and each day pain use to get less...i got period frm 6 mths bt dis tym my flow was less compared to last flows...den my doc suggsted me meftil spas and zinetac Also i was suffrng frm constipation fr 3 days and used to bubbed also much while eating bt no other symptoms and didnt felt like vomit also frm 2nd day ...Only pain and pain got settled by heating pads evrytym ...i m afraid is it smethng serious ...and my flow started frm 5th dy night and den frm 6th day pain got settled nd also constipation cleared...nw i m kkk bt still afraid...

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in abdomen

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Pain during periods is medically known as dysmenorrhea... Most of the time it's spasmodic or primary dysmenorrhea due to increased may be due to fibroids as well... If the pain is starting 4 to 5 days prior to the periods suggestive of secondary dysmenorrhea it may be due to pelvic inflammatory disease,endometriosis etc...over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or naproxen sodium , at regular doses starting the day before you expect your period to begin will help you. Prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as mefenamic acid, also are available...I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for clinical examination and for evaluation they will do the needful