Pain and swelling

Pain and swelling at the skin right next to the inner corner of the eye. no discharge. very little eye redness. little bit of itching and irritation only at the inner corner where the swelling is. started as a small bump 4 days ago and is now ~ 2mm diameter bulge on the skin right next to the inner corner of the eye

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain and swelling

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
hello It is very difficult to comment without actually examining your eyes kindly send me a photo of your eyes so that i can review the swelling and guide you
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, it would have been better if you have attached image of it,, by your description, it could be Acute dacryocystitis, which is an infection of the tear sac (lacrimal sac) . The reasons for the infection could be a blocked tear duct (nasolacrimal duct). A lacrimal stone plugging the opening from the lacrimal sac into the tear duct could be an other reason., Needs to be treated with antibiotic and other supportive measures, please consult ophthalmologist.