Pain and swell in gums

Dr. Had my lower wisdom tooth surgery it was on 6th of May 2016 but still I have numbness in lips and chin Dr. Says it will remain for 6 months I have started eating from my surgery side but it is painful my gums are also swellon plz help I am in pain

Doctor Answers (3) on Pain and swell in gums

Hi..yes sometimes when wisdom tooth is in complicated position such as horizontal or mesiangular impactions, the nerve bundle will be pretty close to the root ends. Though all surgeons take best care in avoiding trauma to nerve sometimes they are helpless because of tooth position. In these cases after surgery numbness stays for one month to six months. Sometimes a year as well. Do not worry it will come back to normal sensation one day. Have patience. Take Neurobion forte one tablet daily for one month for faster healing of nerves. Regards
Dr. Vinay Anvekar Bangalore | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
If you have lost sensation n still numbness persists then while removal of the wisdom tooth ur nerve has been damaged and the moment the injection effect wears off the same day after tooth removal the sensation should come back instantly and regarding the gum swelling may be because of traumatic removal
Hi..About the numbness in lips and chin, it can sometimes happens, may last from 1 month to 1 year, no particular medicine or treatment suggested for the same, it may reduce on its own!! And about the pain , kindly consult the surgeon , there may be an infection or a bony projection that might be causing the discomfort. Get well soon.