Namaste doctor. My son is 167 cm in height but he is 80 kgs. I'm really worried. There is no physical excercise becuase of school work. What should he do? Can you give me the diet plan? Thank You
61 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harisha N L
General Physician 3 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello sir...I understand your concern about your son as a father...First and foremost you must understand losing weight is a very gradual process. He should have strong determination and patience if he want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too mich suddenly is also not good for health. He has to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet -tell him to have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain himself. And always keep well hydrated and enjoy whatever he will do...consult dietitian for further information
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.