Overweight

Namaste doctor. My son is 167 cm in height but he is 80 kgs. I'm really worried. There is no physical excercise becuase of school work. What should he do? Can you give me the diet plan? Thank You

Doctor Answers (1) on Overweight

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello sir...I understand your concern about your son as a father...First and foremost you must understand losing weight is a very gradual process. He should have strong determination and patience if he want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too mich suddenly is also not good for health. He has to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet -tell him to have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain himself. And always keep well hydrated and enjoy whatever he will do...consult dietitian for further information