Overweight

My daughter is 8 years old and her weight is 40 kg.How does I lose her weight? she doesn't eat junk and fry food.She only eats green vegetables or dals with 1 chapati in afternoon & 1 chapatti at night. She's doing Taekwondo also from last 3 months & cycling for about 1/2an hr on alt days as well

Harisha N L

Hi Weight gain happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet...consult dietitian fallow the diet chart strictly...you can see the beneficial effects within a month...consult pediatrician to rule out diseases causing weight gain