Overweight

I am 24 years old and my height is 5'3ft. My weight is 70 kg. I have gained weight since last 3 years. As a teacher by profession i dont have much time to work out. i have eating disorder as i have to stay without food for 5 hours everyday at school(which starts from 7 am). I have to start for school at 5am everyday and for that i wake up at 4 30am. I dont eat much but when i get hungry i almost 'gobble' up whatever i get my hand onto. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Overweight

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Try to include more of pulses in your diet.. Have more if subzi than chapathis or rice...try to replace rice or chapathis by oats and ragi...you also need to drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water in a day...you need to include Apple,banana, orange or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon too...you need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling, swimming for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your liking....consult a dietician for a specific diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... All the best.. Thank you