Overweight

Due to hypothyroidism I m over weight due to which I have lots of medical.issues like back pain vitamin b12 deficiency

Doctor Answers (1) on Overweight

Dt. Itu Chhabra Gurgaon | Dietitian/Nutritionist
The way we eat can actually help, or hurt, our thyroid gland. The nutrients our thyroid needs are easily accessible in many foods and dietary supplements. With the right information, we can make simple choices to improve thyroid health. To ensure your health, eat as healthy as possible. It is important to eat the right variety of foods in the correct proportions. For example, choose low fat, low calorie spread rather than butter or ordinary margarines, avoid high salt intake and cut down on hidden fats & sugars (cakes, biscuits, chocolate). A varied and healthy diet, with calcium rich foods and / or supplements, and normal vitamin D levels. If choosing to take any supplements, do so with care and not in excessive amounts, after appropriate advice from your doctor . Avoid cauliflower family and soya. And go for regular brisk walks for 30 mins twice daily. All the best. Tc.