Overthinking

Hi my problem is that I think a lot. A week back i was watching porn and after that I imagined myself as a woman having sex with a man and enjoyed it. The next day i woke up asking myself what have I done. I began thinking that am I attracted to men or something else. I keep on thinking about that only. I think that I am losing interest in girls. I began watching gay porn just to see that am I attracted to guys. Nowadays I keep looking at guys thinking that am I gay and attracted to them. Nowadays I can't keep thinking sexually about women as I think that I am attracted towards guys. I have also started to get homosexual dreams. This thing has happened to me twice. Does that mean that I am gay or is it because of my overthinking nature. Il consulted a psychaitarist who told me that this is anxiety. He also told me that gayism starts at 14 for boys. But I have seen movies where they show guys get attracted to same sex in their 20s. Plz help

Doctor Answers (2) on Overthinking

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Hi. To fantasise yourself as a women doesn't make you gay. Stop thinking about it. You may be bisexual or straight.And that is normal.. Thinking excessively will only make things more complicated for you. Pay attention to your carrier and decide when you reach a marriagable age.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
Anxiety symptoms, uncertainties, obsessions, sexual orientation conflicts - all these have lots of overlapping symptoms. Any issues related to sexual orientation has to be carefully evaluated before arriving at any conclusions. We need to explore interests, attractions, orientation, fantasies, experiences, rule out any organic or hormonal imbalances, history of any trauma, abuse, substance misuse or other psychosocial stresses etc. You will need full evaluation and appropriate counselling. Don't worry. Start seeing things as a matter of fact. Don't get into any judgements. Assess your sexual behavior in terms of any trigger or anything you are getting out of it. Regards