Over weight issues

I was 59kg 2yrs back now I'm 70kg.....i want to get back to my old weight and be slim and healthy. Please recommend a diet so that i can reduce my weight . I am also facing menstrual issues cos of my over weight.

Doctor Answers (1) on Over weight issues

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. Since its taken a lot of time to get to 70 kg where you are now, it will definitely take a bit of time to get back to your old weight. Here are a few things you can consider. 1. Drink lots of water and green tea twice a day. 2. Indulge in cardio workout for atleast 1-2 hours a day. Cardio keeps your heart rate in the range of 140-150 which is optimal for burning fat. 3. Take in less calories than you require for the day and then burn more calories than you take. 4. High protein, low carbohydrate, high fiber diet would help you and make vegetables and fruits a major part of your meals. 5. Avoid rice and rice products also avoid processed and fast foods. All the best. Regards