Over weight

Hi, My wife puts her weight after my second baby delivery. Earlier she is 45-50 kg and now 68 kg. She started walking and some physical workouts but no change in a calculative manner. She is getting frequent back pain and not active some times Please give some suggestions and tips She is a house wife

Doctor Answers (1) on Over weight

Fatima Radhanpurwala Navi Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello,  putting on weight during pregnancy is normal and it can be shed later by balanced low calorie diet and exercise. If your second child is of one year now then she can go for weight loss. Tell her to consume small frequent meals and avoid oily and fried foods.  No maida products at all. She can consume more of fruits and salad. Also take good amount of protien foods like sprouts, egg whites and fish if you eat non veg.
Tell her to continue with the exercise or walking that's 40-45 mins per day at least.