Oral cancer concerns
I've had a spot on the roof of my mouth for years and it doesn't bother me at all. I figured it was due to the fact that I click the roof of my mouth even suck the roof of my mouth when my allergies act up J even do it in my sleep. I've recently gone to the dentist and they used a blue light and said I should get it checked out because it might be oral cancer. I'm concerned it might just be oral cancer due to the information I found online. From the picture it appears to be brown but it has white parts and it's a bit hard when I scratch at it.

Hi. It's very difficult to rule out the diagnosis with description, where as clinical examination will give clear picture about the lesion. Brown spots either can be melanin pigment or bleeding spots usually occur over the palate due thin layer of epithelium attached to the palate. Better to consult oral pathologist or oral medicine.
Initially not preferable for biopsy. Go for non invasive procedures like smear or brush biopsy. Oral CDX brushes available specially for brush biopsy.
Visit Oral Pathologist.

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+182
Chat with a dentist
You should consult with oral pathologist.
hello, you need to consult an oral surgeon for your problem.
Hello, you can consult an Oral Medicine specialist and an oral surgeon for further examination.Good luck. Regards Dr Sumanmakam
Consult your dentist or oral surgeon who would probably do a biopsy first to rule out any malignancy which is the only confirmatory procedure for it although it looks highly unlikely at your age but better be safe than sorry so biopsy is the best option
Hi.. from the description given its always wise to get second opinion. See a dental specialist specialising in Oral medicine & radiology.. Alternatively you can see a dermatologist too
biopsy could be done to rule out concerns
Hi Sir/Mam not every spot in a mouth can be a oral cancer lesion , pls consult oral medicine specialist for proper diagnosis , they advice you the treatment plan , Dr.Venkat VDENTIS DENTAL CARE , Hyderabad
Consult Dentist
Pls Don't scratch