Oily skin specilly face

I have oily skin specially my face i want to get rid of it my skin gets oily after washing within half an hour

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello, Here is a fact you need to know... the more you wash your face the more oily it gets! Yes, unbelievable but true. Try to limit washing your face to 3 times a day. Use soft tissues to DAB AWAY the oil... not wipe away the oil. And please understand that any treatment of any type of skin, in your case oily skin, is a process. It needs special care which only a dermatologist can suggest only after a thorough examination. Please visit a dermatologist. Do not rely on creams and face washes that you see on tv. Do not use products you 'think'might help you. They only worsen the situation. There is no quick fix solution for skin problems. If someone says there is... think before you act.
Dr. Jolly Shah Kapadia
Dermatologist 17 yrs exp Mumbai

The oil secreted by the skin acts as a natural protection and antiseptic. Reduce refined sugars and fat rich food, junk. Burn off fat by exercising. Use a normal soap. Keep an extra handkerchief to wipe off extra oil.Take care. Stay healthy. Regards, Dr. Jolly Shah DNB Dermatology, Mumbai.