Oily hair

My hair has become very oily . Hair becomes oily instantly after 1 day of hair washing . It feels very irritating . I have to wash hair everyday

Doctor Answers (1) on Oily hair

Thanks for the query. Ideally you are supposed to have hair wash daily. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. If you have associated hair loss, Based on the cause of hair loss, certain specific medications can also.be started. it also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.   Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala