Occasional spotting

Two fibroids sized 3 and 4 cms respectively were detected in 2014 and after ct csan and vaginal swab test, doctor said there's no need to panic or to go for hysterectomy as there's no pain or discomfort barring occasional spotting/discharge. They have once again started to occur. Is it normal?

Doctor Answers (3) on Occasional spotting

It's not normal at your age. Any postmenopausal bleeding/ spotting is a cause for concern. Also please let me know what made you go for ct scan. I guess you must be having some other problem or discomfort , because fibroids need a plain ultrasound and not a ct.
Ideally now you should go for
1) Colposcopic biopsy, to rule out cervical cancer. It's better & more sensitive than a pap smear.
2) Usg to see for Endometrial hyperplasia, followed by a Hysteroscopic biopsy , to rule out any Endometrial cancer
3) If both comes normal, then you only need to do follow up ultrasound every 6 months to see for any growth in the fibroids
Dr. Sarika Dahiphale Pune | Infertility Specialist
Just keep follow up by scanning every 6month if symptoms  or every year  if asymptomatic.. No need to wry... It's will decrease in size....
Dr. Sachin Dalal Mumbai | Gynecologist
In case you are having postmenopausal bleeding, it's a cause for concern.

You need to get a sonography pelvis done to rule out endometrial hyperplasia.

Consult your gynec ASAP.
Dr Sachin Dalal Madhu Hospital Bhandup West Mumbai