Occasional blood in stool

Hi, I am a 25 yrs. old male. For some times now, there are traces of blood in my morning stool. The frequency of the problem is once every two or more months. Is there anything that needs to be done? is this a diet problem or physical?

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Yes there is something that needs to be done. You need to get it checked out by a general surgeon in person for further evaluation and management.  It could be fissure or a haemorrhoids problem. Have a high fiber diet and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid oily and spicy foods.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

You may have piles, get checked by a surgeon
Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 8 yrs exp Kolkata

Hello. Blood with stool can be due to various reasons. If it is painful, it may be due to anal fissure or fistula or any rectal ulcer. But most commonly at your age, painless bleeding with stool is due to piles. A thorough examination and workup is needed to find out the cause. Do a Stool test for R/E & OBT (occult blood test). Take plenty of water orally and high fiber diet. Follow up with me with the stool report. Hope this helps.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 15 yrs exp Pune
If it is frank red colored blood with stool...then pathology in anal canal in form of hemorrhoid to be ruled out by proctoscopy...meet surgeon