Obese &Hypertension

Hi , I am 28 years old. I just went for master health check up today. I weigh 109 Kg. I was told that I have a high blood pressure of 150 / 100. Is this reading very dangerous ? What are the diet and lifestyle changes I need to make immediately ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Obese &Hypertension

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
What is. Your height. It can be due to lifestyle u need to reduce weight and have healthy eating practices. I can help with weight loss and healthy life
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...the reading is not dangerous. But looks like you could having hypertension. Consult a general physician. They will examine you and start on necessary treatment. it would have been better if you had posted a your height so that we could have calculated the appropriate weight for you. Nevertheless you need to lose lot of weight. First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same