Not happy with life

I'm final year MBBS student. I've good friends and all of my friends have a bf except me. I've never been dated. Ifeel I'm so ugly. I've turned 22 and I've never been in a relationship. Everyarnd me talks abt how der bf made dem feel special but nothing like this has ever happened to me I desperately want to be in a relationship. I've tried even online dating apps. It never helped me. Ifeel will I end up spending my entire college life being single. Will I end up getting married to sm1 strange at d end Am I so ugly Am I not meant to b happy Iknow it sounds stupid But dese things keep popping up a lot in my head lately. I'm not able to study. Im in final year and I've exams cmin up in two months. Ikeep imagining stories of me with d guys I like. I keep thinking. Iwanna get over this Its been disturbing me lately a lot when I'm alone. Itry to keep myself busy . Can u please help me out.

Doctor Answers (6) on Not happy with life

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello dear,
I can understand your concern that you have shared here. However you must understand that having a partner or a "boyfriend/girlfriend" is not a marker of being "beautiful" or "good". Relax and evaluate your being. You are a medical student in Delhi, with many friends, and a wonderful life to look ahead at. A partner or a boyfriend will come to your life when you feel confident of your being, may be to be beautiful the first step is to feel beautiful. Enjoy your college days, study hard and enjoy your days of single hood. Do not let this issue drag you down. May be if you stop trying too hard, things will happen around you naturally... Take a deep breath and " stop and smell the roses" around you... Hope this helps you somewhat.. Feel free to get in touch if I can be of help.. Take care and best wishes...
Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
hey its never too late.....its better to date someone in and around college/hospital/home or your social circle than dating sites. Do not be very selective or fear of any interpretations by people. Relationship is what you desire and there is a gap of inaction and only mental movement.That is causing frustration. Just venture...start talking and see it from there..if the first attempt is not successful, second..third... Lastly do not put pressure on yourself that you need to have someone in your college life only. Everyone has different life-paths and maps....Comparison is crime Just go for it
start interacting more and more, do not start with the intention of relationship
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hello future Dr., Do u want to know whether you are looking good or you want someone who really cares you not just use you???? Please share your feelings with an expert who will also give you the right amount of confidentiality which will enable you to think clearly and radically.
Dr. Priyanka Yadav Ghaziabad | Psychiatrist
Dear User

You are having self esteem issues that are commonly faced by during adolescents. I recommend that you talk to a psychiatrist so that all such issues can be addressed in detail in therapy. Any desperation at this point may lead to a wrong decision and you may regret it later. I am sure you are a beautiful young girl. You just need some clarity in your thoughts.

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
You are a 60kg going to be doctor with 5.6 ht. Come on , how many girls have that !  How can you feel ashamed about something God himself has made. Cash on your plus points.. prepare for PG seriously. Only that is going to decide how your future is going to be,not the no of bf s u had.
There must be something beautiful about your not being in a relationship till now. Hold on to your dignity. Dont be an easy target.
Dr. Akhil Chopra Jalandhar | Neuropsychiatrist
This is a common problem that many college going students face. First of all you need to stop considering yourself ugly. Everyone has something beautiful and good about them. You need to love yourself. If u can't love yourself how can anyone else. U need to increase your self confidence. Moreover now a days it's a common misconception that it is must to have a bf/gf. Actually majority of the relationships at this stage are just about casual dating and very few have a long term future. So there's no harm waiting for your Mr Right.