Not getting Periods
I had an unprotected sex with my bf last month and had an I pill. After that I had my period twice that that month with a gap of 10 days. The second period happend on 21sept. Today its 21st again and I have not had my periods which should have happend by 17th or 18th. Does pill affect this cycle?

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. Taking the ipill can be associated with unscheduled bleeding. Other symptoms include nausea and abdominal cramps. If you have been having unprotected intercourse you are at risk of several sexually transmitted infections which can also be associated with irregular bleeding. It's best if you see your gynaecologist to get this sorted out. Best wishes