Not geeting period

I have sex with my husband on 1 june my due date of next period was 4 june but till today my period is not started what can be the reason as we have protected sex My medication is on january end i have taken unwanted 72 due toh unprotected sex after that period was regualar then after january i hve taken unwanted 72 in march end due toh same reason after that also regular peeiod but from this month i dont understand the problem Can it be with the problem of medication or i am pregnant

Doctor Answers (1) on Not geeting period

Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Gynecologist
The problem is due to the Emergency Contraception pills you are taking. Unwanted 72 is to be taken by persons who have sex infrequently. As you are married, and have the opportunity to have more frequent relationships, ECPill will not be helpful. You cant use ECPill every 2 months as ECPill have a long lasting effect on the menses of the user. ECPill have high dose of hormones and after taking it they disturb the menstrual cycle of the taker, for a good 3-4 months. It may cause delayed cycles, frequent bleeding, inter menstrual spotting and even pregnancy if it fails. So Now it would be prudent to just wait for the menses to occur, on its own. If you are worried about the pregnancy you can do a urine Pregnancy test ( UPT ) on a early morning urine sample and do it in a Lab. Home UPT are dubious and sometimes give wrong results........ and once the menses do come, please witch over to regular Oral Contraceptive pills or if you have completed your family, you can go for a tubectomy.