Not gaining weight

I lost 10 kgs in 2 months, but not able to gain it back. I have had all the tests done such as Colonoscopy, endoscopy, tTG, thyroid, diabetes, CBC, vitamin b12,d3 and all came normal. Ever since I was child, I have constipation. I am eating good and at proper intervals but nothing is work. I have lost a lot of strength too. Kindly suggest what should I do? Will my body heal itself of I do yoga, proper sleep, etc. Kindly note that I don't want to take any medicine or supplements.
views-icons 23 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Not gaining weight

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there....ideal weight for your height is around 70kgs. So you can gain a few more kilos without risk. as you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. Along with it try doing high bar excercises. You can also visit a dietician and endocrinologist for further queries.