Not eating food

My son takes too much time in eating food about an hr even to drink a milk he took 30 min. he was having viral infection and high grade fever last week after 2-3 day he just tking milk and 2 almond in break fast and just eat 2-3 spoon of dal rice in lunch and dinner and in evening a glass of milk with 1 biscuit. he make faces when ever its time to eat and with every spoon say no more , i hardly mange to feed him with 3-4 spoon then he run away to his bed. he always want to sleep. he like to cycle and he is good in academics he mostly preferred dal rice to eat. he use to be fussy eater but now a days he cut down his intake. please help me to understand his problem and how to make him eat.

Doctor Answers (1) on Not eating food

Fatima Radhanpurwala Navi Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello, for kids to eat more you need make foods more colourful and attractive so that he is tempted to eat. Try to give fruit juices and porridge. Try to figure out what he likes and incorporate food other item with it.