Nose bleed
Hi, My wife is experiencing nosebleed in the morning after she wakes up. Not everyday. like alternate days. She is in her fourth month of pregnancy. Is this something i need to worry about. I will take her to doctor today. Do let me know if there are any preventive measures i need to ensure.

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

During pregnancy due to hormonal changes there are increased chances of nose bleed. Treatment is rest, avoid nose picking and forcefull nose blowing, decongestant nose drop and application of local antibiotic ointment. But you must consult a good ENT doctor to exclude any other nasal pathology.