No Weight gain

Hi,My son is 7 years old,i give him only healthy food.His intake is normal as other kids of his age but he looks very thin & not strong.Infact he is active & fall sick only @ times.I give him home made health mix porridge in the morning,forenoon (in school)rice/fruits/rotis,afternoon i give him rice & mostly egg0 ,evening i give him a fruit or biscuits.for dinner he eats 3 chapathis with milk.very rarely he eats junk food.Not sure y he is not gaining weight..Kindly plz help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on No Weight gain

Bangalore | General Physician

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello there. although your question is regarding weight,you have not mentioned his present weight. his ideal weight weight needs to be around 20-25 kilograms. what you are giving is a good diet. nothing you need to change in that but if the child asks you can give him a little bit of junk foods, don't be so strict on him. if his weight is in the range of 20-25 kgs don't be worried. Regards.