No Weight gain

Hi,My son is 7 years old,i give him only healthy food.His intake is normal as other kids of his age but he looks very thin & not strong.Infact he is active & fall sick only @ times.I give him home made health mix porridge in the morning,forenoon (in school)rice/fruits/rotis,afternoon i give him rice & mostly egg0 ,evening i give him a fruit or biscuits.for dinner he eats 3 chapathis with milk.very rarely he eats junk food.Not sure y he is not gaining weight..Kindly plz help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on No Weight gain

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. although your question is regarding weight,you have not mentioned his present weight. his ideal weight weight needs to be around 20-25 kilograms. what you are giving is a good diet. nothing you need to change in that but if the child asks you can give him a little bit of junk foods, don't be so strict on him. if his weight is in the range of 20-25 kgs don't be worried. Regards.