Nighttime Leg Cramps

Hi, I'm asking for my mom. Very often she gets nighttime leg cramps. Can you please tell me the cause, treatment and prevention. Thank You.

Dr. Roopakala
Ayurveda 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Generally B 12 deficiency and less intake of water, electrolyte imbalance causes Leg cramps in Pre menopuasal or meopausal women. Tell her to drink plenty of water, avoid standing for long time, Go for regular Walks, Take calcium vitamin supplement. If she is having Swelling in legs or foot along with Diabetis or hypertension take her for check up with Gener
Dr. Satish Sawale
Ayurveda 17 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

Though its unfortunate but it's awesome too as so much info at a finger tip.. take this is an opportunity to resolve issue n maintain Assertive Health. U may know much about Heart Attack but the issue ur mom suffering from Leg Attack which is now considered to be prior of Heart attack so be on Resolution mode in spite of just seating on coach. AYURVEDIC basti therapy and Rasayan Therapy will choice of management if ur preliminary investigation are within normal limits.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. based on only so much history i can say that it could be due to calcium and vitamin d3 deficiency. here are a few things you should do. 1. have a high protein, high calcium contain diet. 2. get adequate sun exposure. at least for 20 minutes before 1P.M with atlas 20 percent of your body surface area exposed. 3. one tab. supracal pro once a day after food daily for a month. 4. tab. d3 must 60k once a week to be chewed for 8 weeks. 5. tab. neurobion forte once a day after food for 15 days. consult a orthopedician in person if the problem still persists. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
I think you should know that there are many reasons which causes leg muscle pain like poor nutrition diet causing easy fatigue, sometimes a compression on the nerve root can result in pain referring to the calf/leg muscles. The blood vessels supplying the calf muscle can be distended or might be obstructed due to clot formed in it. People with uncontrolled diabetes can have neuropathy which can cause burning and tingling sensation and may sometimes have leg pain. Apart from these knee joint or ankle join pain can be due age related leading to wear and tear of the cartilage supporting the bone ends and gradual diminishing of the fluid between the bone endings with age. So all this things should be examined properly with the aid of investigations to ascertain a proper cause. So kindly consult a surgeon for further management.