Night feeding

My 5 month old female baby is entirely on bottle feeds with 2 solid meals a day..suppose she sleeps for many hours at a stretch at night...say for example 9 pm to 7 am, should i give her scheduled bottle feeds in middle of the night in her sleep? In case she sleeps 6-7 hrs at a stretch without crying for milk and not having milk will it affect her health...like will it cause gas or dehydration etc? Pls advice. ..is it good practice to let 5 month baby to sleep continuously for many hours if she doesnt ask for milk?

Doctor Answers (2) on Night feeding

Dr. Sheetal Shetty Mumbai | Pediatrician
Hello Your daughter seems to have adjusted her sleeping habits already. Congratulations not all babies sleep all through the night at this age. As you say she fills her stomach with milk and solids it's still not best to let her sleep all night without feeds. An approximate amount of milk intake depends on the weight of your child. If she is nice and growing and active then you don't need to bother much. Some babies fill their stomach well and sleep off. Still it's good to feed them once in 3 hours asleep Or not. If she is hungry she will eat if not she won't.
In case of any worry you can get in touch with me.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello well it is the growing phase of the baby and she won't be able to cry all the time to tell about her feets yes you have to feed her once in two hours even if she is continuously asleep...yes it will affect the health if you won't... please make sure that you wake up and feed..thank you