New born bilirubin level

I have a new born who is 14 days now . On his 5th day he had bilirubin level at 18 and was treated with phototherapy for 24 hrs . On 6th day bilirubin was 16 . He is active ,nursing well , urinating nd motion freely and frequently. Now on 13th day he still has 16.8 . Is it a cause for worry . The hospital where he was born Pediatrician said it wil be normal in a week and nothing to panic . Pls advise nd it will b helpful

Doctor Answers (2) on New born bilirubin level

Dr. Mangala Pawar
21 yrs. of exp | Gurgaon | Pediatrician
need lot more information blood gp..coombs..peripheral smear direct bili...stool colour weight trend of the baby feeding. .breastfeeding or formula g6pd level thyroid  hormones
Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
10 yrs. of exp | North Goa | Pediatrician
Hi thanks for writing to Practo consult. I understand your concern. Bilirubin level as stated by you, are normal in newborn period. What us the blood group of you and baby respectively? This bilirubin may take 3-4 weeks also to stabilize to normal. By end of this period may be other tests can be considered. Be worry free. Your baby will be hale and hearty. Good day.