New born bilirubin level

I have a new born who is 14 days now . On his 5th day he had bilirubin level at 18 and was treated with phototherapy for 24 hrs . On 6th day bilirubin was 16 . He is active ,nursing well , urinating nd motion freely and frequently. Now on 13th day he still has 16.8 . Is it a cause for worry . The hospital where he was born Pediatrician said it wil be normal in a week and nothing to panic . Pls advise nd it will b helpful

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp North Goa

Hi thanks for writing to Practo consult. I understand your concern. Bilirubin level as stated by you, are normal in newborn period. What us the blood group of you and baby respectively? This bilirubin may take 3-4 weeks also to stabilize to normal. By end of this period may be other tests can be considered. Be worry free. Your baby will be hale and hearty. Good day.
Dr. Mangala Pawar
Pediatrician 21 yrs exp Gurgaon
need lot more information blood gp..coombs..peripheral smear direct bili...stool colour weight trend of the baby feeding. .breastfeeding or formula g6pd level thyroid  hormones