Neuropathy

My father is in pain. He can't walk. The entire area from his knees to his feet pain and he can't sleep even when he's on sleeping pills. What should I do right now? He is detected with axonal polyneuropathy.

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
hello, here is some information about axonal neuropathy---Onset. Abrupt: Most common. Slow progression: In elderly. Asymmetric. Axon loss: Motor & Sensory. Nerves commonly affected. Peroneal (Sciatic) nerve: Most common (90%) Posterior tibial (40%) Ulnar (35%) Median (25%) Radial. Pain: More common than in distal polyneuropathies. what you need to understand is there is no single drug to treat the pain and relieve sleeping difficulty due to pain, there are several group of drugs which are climbed to control this, like diazepam , amytriptaline, melatonin, immunoglobulins,meloxicam---electric stimulation to reduce pain like ETPS, TENS treatment is individual based , please consult a neurologist and physiotherapist.