Neck and shoulder pain
Please check the NRI report below and let me know what it is and what are the treatment options? Medical data: Cervicobrachialgieen left. HNP ? Report: The corpora are in line and are normally of height . no osseous pathology. At level C5 C6 , there is a median HNP . Thus, the spot a canal stenosis , with some compression myelum . no myelopathy demonstrable. On other levels, no indication of HNP . further large foramina . On other levels, a large dural channel. Conclusion. Median HNP level C5 C6 with canal stenosis with compression on the spinal cord .

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
General Physician 21 yrs exp Noida

Neck Exercises. Neck Stretching. Postural Correction. Shoulder Shrugs. Take frequent Breaks at work. Core Strengthening Exercises. Use cervical pillow. Use Back Support. Self Massage the back of neck.
Dr. Neeraj R Bijlani
Orthopedist 14 yrs exp Mumbai

This is an Mri report I am guessing and suggestive of spinal cord compression but looks like you have not detail described your symptoms I will suggest you to describe your symptoms in detail Howverr I will still.try to answer if you are just having neck and shoulder pain and no other symptoms then conservative treatment in the form of medicines and physiotherapy should help you however I will still suggest to consult an Orthopaedic doctor in your area if already consulted and he suggested surgery take another opinion to be sure
Dr. Saurabh Bhalla
Occupational Therapist 6 yrs exp Delhi
Hi there, Seem that MRI report you have is Made in Denmark.(suggested by the terminology used). well nothing's more important than truly able to understand the report. Well The report says that at the level of Cervical Spine C5&C6 the disc between the two vertebrae (bones of spine) has been compressed upto an extent that the inner matter(the Core Protenous structure) has come out and the space which is there for spinal cord to pass through is also compromised to an extent that it is now compressing upon the spinal cord. (probably due to some accidental injury) leaving the person in a near to no function kind of position i.e if left unattended it may lead to a permanent unrepairable dammage possibly a quadreplegic / tetraplegic (paralysis of all 4 limbs) state from what now would be quadriperesis / tetra peresis state(weakness of all 4 limbs ).The condition would be explained better with IMAGES OF MRI. rather than only the report.
According to the condition of the patient the next step would be a surgical procedure. the surgery does not come with guarantee, but may prove to be beneficial in this case(quite a lot chances). or just can be managed with therapy and precautions , again depending on present functional state and extent of damage done to spinal cord. Consult Occupational Therapist / neuro-Occupational Theapist, if you are having trouble with the Day- day activities.
DO NOT BEND NECK. NO JERKY MOVEMENTS TO NECK. SEEK IMMEDIATE CONSULTATION WITH SPINE SURGEON/ NEUROSURGEON/ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON Nearby with only the MRI images (if possible limit the mobility of the patient, as jerks on the road may cause more harm ) you may require to use "philadelphia collar" for supporting the neck. STAY HEALTHY