Nails turning black
My wife's nails are turning black and also coming out. She gave birth to baby girl in october 2015. Initially it was one finger, now slowly all nails (hand) are turning black. Last day she informed that it is paining a little. Is it soemthing serious? She is 31 yr old 50 kg.

Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. if only the nails are turning black, then it could be due to onychomycosis, that is, fungal infection of the nails. but even other causes like drug induced, occupation related discolouration should be related. so kindly consult a dermatologist for further evaluation and management.