cardiologist-icon

Nail clubbing

Hello, I noticed I have clubbing about 2 years ago and consulted a doctor. The doctor has recommended for an ECG test and chest X-ray. The results were completely normal at that time. Doctor said its an early stage of clubbing and told me that, I should not neglect it. More or less from the same time I'm suffering from alopecia areata. I have suffered from alopecia areata in my childhood but it was there for only few months whereas now the problem is still present after 2 years. Does alopecia areata and clubbing relate to each other in any way? Does these conditions mean that I'm suffering from any major disease? Also please suggest what should I do now in order to find out the cause for the conditions? Many thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Nail clubbing

Generally clubbing is due to cardiac and non cardiac cause. Echo will tell you cadiac cause. Physician will tell you non cardiac cause.