MRI report - C5 C6 spine

This is the MRI report of my sister. Kindly explain this. Is surgery required?and with whom to meet? Orthopedic? Neurologist? Psychotherapist? Chiropractor? Or somebody else? Medical data: Cervicobrachialgieen left. HNP ? Report: The corpora are in line and are normally of height . no osseous pathology. At level C5 C6 , there is a median HNP . Thus, the spot a canal stenosis , with some compression myelum . no myelopathy demonstrable. On other levels, no indication of HNP . further large foramina . On other levels, a large dural channel. Conclusion. Median HNP level C5 C6 with canal stenosis with compression on the spinal cord .

Doctor Answers (1) on MRI report - C5 C6 spine

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern and i hope she is not in too much pain. the report is suggestive of canal stenosis which may be putting pressure on the neural elements. you need to consult a neurosurgeon or a orthopaedic spine surgeon. depending on the amount of stenosis and the severity of symptoms, the surgery may be necessary. it will be explained to you by the surgeon itself. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.