Motions week
My mother is suffering from motions since a week. Now she the intensity is four times a day. She stopped eating spicy and strong food whole week. Drinking juice and light food. She is also suffering from gas trouble and burning sensation in throat. There is no stomach pain. I am worried as it is week already. She is scared to go to hospitals. She is using homeopathy medicine as of now. I would like to understand what the problem is, Is everything fine? Many thanks.

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...looks like she could be suffering from acute gastroenteritis. She will antibiotics like norfloxacin and tinidazole to control the loose stools. Also pantoprazole for burning sensation in the stomach. Let her continue avoiding spicy and junk foods. Give her only home cooked food and curd rice. Let her have plenty of fluids. Consult general surgeon once for further examination and starting of medications.