Monthly Periods time

Hi I am friend of her she is having make out with her boyfriend on 15th June, she takes i-pill next days she got some blooding up to 3days now almost it's 1 month above but she is not having her periods till today. Kindly revert asap. There is any chance to get pregnancy??

Doctor Answers (1) on Monthly Periods time

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... I pills are progesterone pills. Levonorgestrel emergency contraceptive pills prevent pregnancy by preventing or delaying ovulation. They may also work to prevent fertilization of an egg by affecting the cervical mucus or the ability of sperm to bind to the egg. ,it is taken within 72 hours of sexual intercourse . it only prevent implantation of ovulation . it may alter period a week here and there.have a 5%-20% failure rate. .If you miss regular menses do urine pregnancy test ,if it comes positive consult gynecologist