Molluscum contagiosum

My son has got 5 to 6 molluscum contagiosum lesions on scalp, one behind an ear and one on the back. The size is about 1 to 2 mm. The lesions are increasing while his doctor said just wait and watch. I am not sure that why there is no treatment for this. How can I get it cured for him? It is not creating any problem but they are increasing and I am worried. Please help.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings. While wait and watch has been identified a scientific form of treatment, the other thing that can be done is needling under cream anesthesia. Only problem the child has to be cooperative . if child is not cooperative or if lesions are very close to vital structures like eyes then avoid it. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.
Dr. Pradeep Kumari
Dermatologist/Cosmetologist 15 yrs exp Pune
Molluscum is a commmon viral infection in kids. Wait and watch  period is recommended  if Molluscum  are not increasing, are on areas where child won't  be  scratching them much. There are lot of methods available  for molluscum removal starting from topical creams to be applied at home to one time removal at clinic with needle/ acid/ rf/ laser. Please  consult  a dermatologist.  For more information  on  this visit  www.skinhairsurgery.com Dr. Pradeep Kumari Skin & Surgery International Pune