Missed periods by 29days

My friend she has missed her monthly period cycle by almost one month. For her it was everytime on exact time and date i.e. regular. But this time she has missed her monthly period cycle. She had some low bp and all problem too because of that doctor has prescribed her multivitamin tablets for 10days apart from that her haemoglobin is 9.5. Further everytime she gets on her periods she really suffer alot from period cramps which makes her take 2 medicens which is voverin and meftal spas each of these that doctor only has prescribed. This time she is really worried she is not even sexually active then also she is having this problem and because of this problem she ll feel her bloating stomach too. Please help :) Thanks.

Doctor Answers (2) on Missed periods by 29days

Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Hi. See a gynaecologist at the earliest. You may do TSH, prolactin and ultrasound pelvis in the meantime.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it may be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.