Missed my periods

My periods are delayed.i should have got my periods on 12 or 13 April..but still I have not.I did conduct pregnancy test twice but it was negative. Please help if m pregnant or it can b any others reason. Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Missed my periods

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle...I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.