Miss/delay period

Hello sir/mam, I had sex with my husband. That time condom was leaked. That was 11 or 12th day after my period. I take unwanted 72 after 8-9 hr of sex. My date was 27 . My period was regular. But first time it's 31 then also my period was not come. Am I pregnant? Or because of unwanted 72 my period was delayed? And which time was safe to doing sex?

Doctor Answers (1) on Miss/delay period

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there. You haven't mentioned whether your cycles are regular or irregular and delayed. Either way now when you haven't got periods still,it's unsafe to have sex. If your cycles are regular then 5days just after periods and 5 days just before expected date of next periods you can have safe sex. But if you have irregular cycles this doesn't work. Now Once you finish periods the next 5 days you can have. For now I suggest you to take protection. No matter which day of cycle please use protection if you have no plans of getting pregnant as it surely prevents any STD transfer and even you won't get pregnant.. postcoital pill/emergency pill contain levonorgestrol which helps by not allowing ovulation to occur and making endometrium unfavorable for pregnancy.. it's side effects are nausea, vomiting,pain abdomen, delay in periods, headache dizziness, fatigue, breast cycle is going to be fine..