Minoxidil for beard

I have scanty beard growth for which I have consulted an endocrinologist a couple of months back. He advised me to do a few hormonal tests which turned out to be perfectly normal. So he said he doesn't have anything to do from his side as per my beard problem is concerned. I do not have any hereditary problem of poor beard growth. My dad had enough beard and also my grandfather. Recently I have started using KIRKLAND MINOXIDIL 5% solution. Is this the only remedy now? Also since this product is costly (brand is of USA) so will it be advisable to use an Indian version of Minoxidil like Mintop Forte? Please suggest and also whether going for Minoxidil was the right step or not. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Minoxidil for beard

The hair cycle normally consists of growing, resting and falling hairs and there is a delicate balance between these stages of hair cycle. Normally hair should re-grow but if it is not happening, you should consider seeing a dermatologist. You can switch to a Indian version of minoxidil from a reputed brand. Sometimes the hair growth is constitutional and it has to be taken in consideration while planning a treatment. Minoxidil may not help Further information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.